Monday, November 11, 2013

Mariah Carey bares it all for "The Art Of Letting Go"

 Mariah Carey was looking forward to sharing her latest song "The Art of Letting Go" directly with fans by releasing it via Facebook, and on Monday (November 11), the Lambs got exactly what they were waiting for. The emotional track, produced by Rodney Jerkins, find Mimi belting her heart out about the need to move on from a failed relationship that's causing nothing but heartache.
 "This is such a personal record to me," she wrote to fans on Facebook. "I wrote the lyrics so that anyone and everyone could relate to them and hopefully release anything that they need to let go of that's holding them back or bringing them down."
 And despite what the title of the song might imply, Mariah told MTV News that the concept is still very much a work in progress for her. "I don't think I've mastered the art of letting of go," Carey said, when asked if the title should be interpreted literally. "I think the art of letting go is something that will probably take most people a lifetime to master, so the song can be interpreted however fans like. It's one of those things where people are gonna have to feel the song, if they feel it... then they're really gonna feel it in their heart."
 Carey and her manager Jermaine Dupri also explained that they wanted to create a unique experience for fans by premiering it on Facebook, since she has such a dynamic relationship with them. "The way I interact with my fans, it's a different thing than most people," Carey explained. "I've had this type of relationship with my fans since I first knew I had fans, which was not till my third album. It sounds crazy but it's actually true. I never felt like, 'Oh I'm famous.' I think now, people have one song - even if it's one song, they're like, 'Look at me I'm famous.' All of a sudden, fame takes over, but you have to stay you, you have to stay grounded and my fans have kept me grounded."
(MTV News)

No comments: