Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spotlight Review: Close My Eyes



From Mariah’s 1997 release Butterfly, “Close My Eyes” is a lyrical masterpiece. A reflection of her own insecurities and vulnerability. Mariah is such an amazing writer with a brilliant usage of soothing words and poetic phrases that tug on your heartstrings. Her own personal experiences are written in such a unique form that allows listeners to interpret multiple personal messages relating to issues of their own, as if the song was written specifically for them. "Close My Eyes" is a song that I would recommend to anyone going through trials and hardships of their own.


DOWNLOAD



(I chose Close My Eyes as the first Spotlight review because it is one of if not my favorite Mariah Carey songs.)

3 comments:

Pablo said...

Great song to start with. My second favorite MC after "Outside."

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I have to go with Outside, Petals and Close my eyes as my favorites... if I had to choose.

Pablo said...

nice order. my list is always changing, but those three are normally near the top for me as well