Monday, January 7, 2013

Mariah Carey Talks Twins: Monroe’s a Total Diva and Moroccan's My Pal


Looks like Mariah Carey has a little mini-me on her hands!

Speaking with Barbara Walters in a new Nightline interview, the legendary songstress opens up about her and hubby Nick Cannon's 20-month-old twins, a girl named Monroe and a little boy named Moroccan.

And Monroe is just like her mama.

“I call her Miss Monroe, and that kind of dictated her personality,” Mariah says of her daughter. “She’s a total diva. She’s into jewelry. She’s fascinated by jewelry.”

As for Moroccan, whose nickname is “Rock,” he’s a little more laid back.

“He’s my pal,” the "Triumphant" singer shares. “He’ll just watch movies with me. We’ve watched Shrek I don’t know how many times. We watch movies all the time together, relax. He’s more chill.”

It was because of her two babies (she also refers to them famously as “dem babies”) that Mariah felt it necessary to hire more security when she got into a heated argument with co-American Idol judge, Nicki Minaj, during an audition in North Carolina in October. Mariah claims others heard the hip-hop singer threaten to “shoot” her if she had a gun.

“I just felt it was the appropriate thing to do. Sitting there on the road with two babies, I’m not going to take any chances,” she says, adding, “It felt like an unsafe work environment. Anytime anybody’s reeling threats at somebody, you know, it’s not appropriate. I’m a professional. I’m not use to that type of environment.”

She continues, “For all the drama, I hope it helps the show. I think it’s a classic, classy show and it didn’t need this.”

And the drama is something she’s certainly not concentrating on.

“For me, ultimately, this is about the kids, the contestants,” Mariah says. “I’ve been blessed to live my dream more than half my life, so I want to help give that back to someone else.”

To see Mariah’s full interview with Barbara, tune in to Nightline tonight, Jan. 7, at 11:35 p.m. ET on NBC — and make sure you watch the songstress when she debuts as a judge on the 12th season of American Idol, airing Jan. 16 at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.

(Life&Style)

No comments: