Monday, November 12, 2012

Nicki Minaj tells her side of Mariah Carey feud


 Nicki Minaj opened up about her feud with fellow "American Idol" judge Mariah Carey on part two of her E! special "Nicki Minaj: My Truth" on Sunday. The rapper weighed in on Carey telling Barbara Walters that Minaj was overheard saying on the show, "If I had a gun, I would shoot the b**ch."
 Minaj revealed, "I really felt good when I left the set yesterday, and then I hear that Mariah went to Barbara Walters with some more fabrication that even the American Idol producers had told her were never said." The "Starships" singer added that she's too smart to make such a violent threat, and that she was "in shock" when she got wind of Carey's statements.
 Minaj went on to explain that she didn't speak out about her and Carey's on-set spat because she "wanted everything to blow over", but then Carey began talking to outlets about the fight, giving the public a one-sided perception of what actually happened.
 Addressing Walters, Minaj asks, "Am I not good enough for you to get my side of the story? Because I'm a little black girl that raps? If I was J.Lo, you would have called J.Lo's camp. Are we not good enough for you Barbara? You don't f**kin' know me."
 She then goes on to discuss the Carey feud, explaining, "Why would I want to have a rift with someone that I've looked up to my whole life? Like I've loved her... and I even told her that. I'm happy that Mariah's on the panel," calling Carey "one of the best singers in the world".
(Gossip Cop)

No comments: