Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nick Cannon documents his health battle

Nick Cannon is gradually coming to terms with his health issues, including kidney disease, and he's hoping to help educate other people who are dealing with similar conditions. On Monday, Cannon, 31, premiered the first episode of a new online documentary-style series called the NCredible Health Hustle on his website. The weekly series will document Cannon's medical issues, which first came to light when he was hospitalized for kidney failure in January.
 "A few days ago, I was with my family in the snow, playing, having a good time," Cannon narrates in the first video, over footage of his wife Mariah Carey holding one of the couple's nearly 1-year-old twins. "All of a sudden, I started swelling up, having shortness of breath, excruciating pain in my right side. I wake up in the hospital, a bunch of doctors telling me I've got kidney failure."
 Later in the clip, Cannon is seen getting an IV and learning of his doctor's diagnosis. In February, Cannon was forced to step down from his radio show due to ongoing concerns about his physical well-being.
 Future episodes of the series will document Cannon's modifications to his diet and exercise routine, as well as visits to his doctor, as part of his struggle to get back on track health-wise. "I thank all of you for the continuous messages, and want you to know it inspires me to keep pushing," he writes online. "Hoping this series serves as inspiration for anyone dealing with kidney disease, lupus or any illness to keep pushing as well."
(People)

Watch episode one HERE

No comments: