Friday, February 3, 2012

Randy Jackson: Mariah Carey Would Be "Amazing" Judge

So what did Randy Jackson have to say today when he talked to reporters in a press call?


Not much when it came to buzz about Mariah Carey being on Simon Cowel’s short list of judges to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherziner.


When asked if he thinks Carey would be a good judge for The X Factor?, Jackson said, “She’d be amazing. I mean, I manage her, so of course I’m going to say that. She’d be amazing.”


So does he think Carey will join the show? “I don’t know if that’s ever going to happen,” he said. “Look, Simon’s one of the smartest people I know. I’m sure he’s got some very interesting ideas up his sleeve.”


Would he have problems with his artist being on a rival show? “No, no, not at all. She’s her own person. She can of course do whatever she wants and she always will do that,” Jackson explained, adding, “Simon’s one of my dearest friends in the world.”


And so is Paula. But, he says, “I have not spoken to Paula” since she was fired.


“We texted back and forth. I’m sad to hear about what’s going on with that show. All of those people are dear friends of mine.”

No comments: