Sunday, April 6, 2008

E=MC2 Review

Photobucket

After listening to the album (all day) I wanted to leave some comments on the tracks that stand out to me.

"Side Effects"
This song has some amazing lyrics, very personal as what appears to be a look back at MC's past relationship with Tommy. Mimi starts with:
I was a girl, you was a man
I was too young to understand
I was naive, I just believed
Everything that you told me

Said you were strong, protecting me
Then I found out that you were weak
Keeping me there under your thumb
Cause you were scared that I'd become much

More than you could handle
Shining like a chandelier
That decorated every room
Inside this private hell we built

"I'm That Chick"
This so reminds me of a track that would have been on Glitter. very disco/80's feeling.

"Bye Bye"
This is set to be released as the second single, as Mimi pays tribute to lost loved ones. "One Sweet Day" revisited.

"I Stay In Love"
I Stay In Love was one of the first tracks that stood out to me. I love it. It is an amazing ballad and I think this albums "We Belong Together"


Other great tracks to check out are:

"Love Story"

"Migrate"

"I Wish You Well"
All you old school MC fans will love this its like "Vanishing" meets "Fly Like A Bird"

3 comments:

Miss Jones said...

i think side effects is one of her most personal songs ever, ive never heard her been so blatantly honest on a track before

loving you long time is probably my favourite non ballad on the album, its so cute.

trayfromthebay said...

HEY DON'T FORGET CRUISE CONTROL WITH D. MARLEY!! LOVE IT!!

Yitzchaq said...

I am feeling For the Record, something about that track.